Proverbs 31 study, Part 5

Vs.23.  Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
Vs.24.  She maketh fine linen and selleth it; and delivereth girdles to the merchant.
  Proverbs 31:23-24

     In verse 23, it says that, "her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land."  We read in the scriptures several times, that men who sit in the gates are the important men, so the virtuous woman's husband was an important man. She probably helped him to get to his highly esteemed position, by supporting him, and honoring him, by always speaking highly of him to other people, never pointing out his faults.  And he had enough trust in her, that he could be gone for long hours, sitting and talking, and not having to worry about his wife.  It says in verse 24 that she made things and sold them.  Maybe she gave the money to her husband, to use as he wished, or maybe she used the money to help other people, we can't be sure.  I pray that one day, if the LORD ever allows me to get married, that my husband will have so much faith in me, that he can be anywhere, and not worry about me.
*These verses were hard for me to understand, I prayed that God would show me what they meant, and I believe I have written the best I can on them.  I hope you all study the scriptures yourselves, to see what they mean to you, don't just take my word for it.

-Anna


Comments

  1. HI Ana,
    I read your comment on my blog. (Thanks for commenting!! ) You said you would love to write me. Do you like to write letters? Where do you live?
    Your sister in the Lord,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mission Video :D

Update :)