Proverbs 31 study, Part 3

Vs.17.  She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
Vs.18.  She percieveth that merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
Vs.19.  She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
 Proverbs 31:17-19
     These verses are a little harder for me to understand.  vs.17. says that "she girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms." I believe this means that she wasn't a delicate little flower that just sat there looking pretty, She was strong, and she worked hard, I guess this means that God wants us ladies to strengthen our arms, stay fit, so that we can take care of ourselves, if we need to:)  vs.18.  It says that "she perceiveth that merchandise is good, her candle goeth not our by night."  She knew how to shop, she didn't necessarily use as little money as possible, but she bought good things, that would last a long time, saving money in the long run, this is the second time using money wisely is mentioned, we would all do good to listen:)  "her candle goeth not out by night." she doesn't stop working just cause everyone else is winding down for the night.  She keeps working all the way up to the time she goes to bed, making sure her house stays in order, ready for the next day.  She works constantly.

-Anna

Comments

  1. Hi Anna,
    I like your studies on Proverbs. You have a very nice blog.
    Thank you so much for following my blog!!!! I am very excited!!!!
    God bless you so much!!!
    Love your sister in Jesus Christ,
    Ashley
    creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. than you:) I enjoyed studying Proverbs, I think I studied it back in May.
    -Anna

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mission Video :D

Update :)