Proverbs 31 study, Part 1

vs.10. Who can find a virtuous woman for her price is far above rubies.
vs.11. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her so that he shall have no need of spoil.
vs.12. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
vs.13. She seeketh wool and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
 Proverbs 31:10-13

Lets stop there for today, and think about these verses.  It says in verse 10 of proverbs 31, that a virtuous woman's price is far above rubies! now whenever we think about that, I think we tend to think "yeah, a virtuous woman is really precious."  But how much have you really thought about her. "Her price is far above rubies."  People in this day and age like to compete, to see who has the most money, and get to earn the title "richest 'man' or 'woman'" on earth. But, if you think about it, what God is saying, is that a virtuous woman is worth more than all the riches on earth!making a virtuous woman the richest person on earth, actually, her husband (or if you are single, your father) is the richest person. So, I would like to be a virtuous woman for my Husband and Dad right now, I want to make them proud of me, but, more than that, I want to make my heavenly father proud of me. God commands us in the scripture to be a proverbs 31 lady, and I want to obey Him.  It says in verse 11, that "the heart of her husband doth safely trust in her."  I want my (future) husband to have his heart safely trust in me, so Another reason to strive to be a virtuous woman.  Vs.13. "she worketh willingly with her hands." I am not proud to say this, but, I am not a hard worker, I thought I could just turn on a switch and change just like that, but I can't. I now pray everyday that God would change me:). and I work at it, I am creating new habits, by making my bed in the morning, folding my clothes and putting them away. My prayer, is that more ladies, would strive to be a virtuous woman:)

-Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission Video :D

Update :)