More on the Virtuous woman

   You know how we read about the virtuous woman, and the verse that says "who can find a virtuous woman for her price is far above rubies" (Proverbs 31:10).  I have often gotten discouraged, wondering how I can ever be considered "far above rubies."  I can do all the things she does, garden, cook, clean.  But, is this really what makes Her so special, all her good works, her great attitude? I thought it was.   I was in church last Wednesday, and my pastor was preaching about Measuring spiritual growth.  One of the scriptures he read was Job 28:18 - "No mention shall be made of coral, or of pearls: for the price of wisdom is far above rubies."  When I heard that verse I was like "hey, that's what the Bible says about the virtuous woman,".  so it got me thinking, that what if the virtuous woman is considered a virtuous woman, and so special, not because of her special talents, but because of her Wisdom.  So, I pulled out my concordance (I love my concordence! I use it quite often), and searched the word, "rubies", to see how many times it is mentioned in the Bible, and if the Bible says anything else on Wisdom and rubies, here's what I found.

Proverbs 3:13-15 - 'Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and a man that getteth understanding.  For the merchandise of it is better that the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.  She is more precious than rubies: and all things thou canst desire are not to be compared to her'
Proverbs 8:11 - 'For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.'
Proverbs 20:15 - 'There is gold, and a multitude of rubies: but the lips of knowledge are a precious jewel.'
Proverbs 31:10 - 'Who can find a virtuous woman,? for her price is far above rubies.'
Job 28:18 - No mention shall be made of coral, or of pearls: for the price of wisdom is far above rubies.'

  That is five times in the Bible that wisdom, and knowledge, is said to be far above rubies, and one of those times, the virtuous woman is said to be far above rubies. I also remembered a verse in the Bible saying what true wisdom and understanding is.  Psalm 111: 10 - 'The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do His commandments: His praise endureth forever.'   So, my conclusion is, that what really makes a virtuous woman, is that she had a fear for the Lord, and she did his commandments, and in obeying God, and doing what He commanded, and fearing God, everything else just fell into play:)
Well, this was just something that I thought was interesting, and I just had to post it:) I found this study to be very helpful to me, and I hope it is equally helpful to all who read it!:)
May God Bless you!:)
-Anna



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission Video :D

Update :)