Keep Smiling and Thanking God. Continued...

Well Here is the second half of my  mom’s and my crazy adventure:)
My brother   came into the car dealership.  I have never felt so relieved in my life, seeing my brother come in that waiting room, that I have become so well aquanted with, was a blessing, it felt like our hero had finally showed up to save my mom and me.  
I went out to his car and crawled in.   My baby girl niece was sleeping in her carseat.  She was like a little angel cheering up my crazy little world.  My brother came out to the car, we drove around to the back of the car dealership where our crushed van was sitting.  My mom and my brother moved our luggage from the van into My brothers car.   My mom and brother got into the car, the car started, we were moving, for the first time since 10:30 that morning we were moving , gratid we were going the oposite direction we wanted to go, but we were moving.  Our plan was to rush from Grenada Mississippi back to Mephis Arkasas, were my mom was going to renew her license, my dad was driving out towards Memphis where he was going to meet my mom and me, and give us the van that he had borrowed from my grandpa, and then my mom and I would drive the van out to Pensacola, and my dad would ride back home  with my brother, it was 4:20, the DMV closed at 6:oo, we were sure we could make it, my brother drove with such determination, safely, but fast, it was looking good, 5:20, and we were about half and hour out, we were actualy going to make it!   My brother called someone he knew in Memphis to get directions to the DMV, we found the place, my brother pulled up front, I checked my watch, 5:57, my brothers car said it was 5:57, my moms phone, and my brothers phone said it was 5:57,  we had made it!  my  mom ran into the DMV, the door was unlocked.  My brother parked the car, and then went inside, I stayed outside with the baby.  not 1 minute later I looked out the back window, I saw my mom and brother coming out from inside, didn’t look good,  my brother looked mad, and my mom looked like she was trying to calm him down, they came up to the car, got in.  “What happened?” I asked, My brother replied, with more than a little anger in his voice. “They closed their drawers already and said they couldn’t help, I even explained the whole situation, but they said that their clocks turned 6 3 minutes ago!”  well, this was a block, a frustrating block.  So we left the DMV, and drove over to th Shoneys where my dad was waiting for us with the borrowed van.  We got to Shoneys, and went in, there was my dad, he had brought my two little siblings with him, guess he didn’t want to leave them at home by themselves.   We all ate dinner together.  then after 20 minutes, my mom and I went out to the car, loaded it up, my dad offered to let mom go home, and him and me just do the drive, my mom declined the offer, she said she had gone to far to go home now, I think she may have felt like Pensacolla was mocking her, teasing her, saying she couldn’t get there, but she was determined now, she was going to get my brother.  My mom and I got into the van, looked at eachother, thinking about everything that had happened, we prayed we would make it to Pensacola safely.  As we drove over the Mississippi bridge, I thought back to that morning, about 8 30 am, my mom was taking a picture of the bridge to show my sister.  and it was almost 12 hours later, and we were right back were we were, “sigh”.  I made it about 3 hours on the road, it was about 9 pm now, and I was exhausted, My mom told me to go to sleep, so I did.  Next thing I know, we are stopped, “What is it” I muttered once more, as I had that morning.  “There is an id check point” my mom replied, I sat up and looked around, there were like 6 police cars, all with their blue lights on,  and a canine unit.  mom rolled down her window, the cop came up to her window, “Mam we’re just checking license” (keep in mind my moms license is still expired)  “I leaned forward “NOOO!” my mom told me to shh, she asked me were her purse was, “I don’t know!” Maybe in my half asleep, I was hoping the cop would take that as an answer and not want to look for it, but I woke my self up, and looked around, my mom found her, purse, and gave him the licence “8-9-... 2014...” the cop said in a slow manner, my mom looked up at him “really??” trying to act surprised, and in her tired state, and fear that she would get in trouble, she pulled it off.    He said he would let her go, and we were off again.  My mom looked at me, “we are stopping at a hotel” I looked at the clock, 11pm, “but mom! I’m awake, I can drive now, “  I didn’t want to stop, we were still three hours out, there was some more pointless arguing on my part, then we stopped at a hotel, went in, and went to sleep.


-Anna

Comments

  1. Wow Anna!!!! You and your crazy adventure!!!! The policemen stopping you must have been frightening!!! I'm glad you made it home safely, after all that. :) I can't wait to read more of this true story!!!

    You know I'm praying for you, girl!!!
    ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mission Video :D

Update :)