Proverbs 30:8-9

    8) Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:
    9) Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, who is the LORD?  or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.
  Proverbs 30:8~9

      What Solomon is asking God for here, is something every Christian should be praying for. "Remove far from me vanities and lies,"  Vanities and lies, something every one struggles with, especially teenage girls.  girls want to look their best, and pretty themselves up, and that is good, but the mindset of this world today, is telling us everyday that beauty and self is everything, and it's not.  Vain thoughts, that is not necessarily only talking about thinking your beautiful, it is also talking about idle thoughts, thoughts that aren't important.  I struggle with having idle thoughts all the time, and it's OK to day dream sometimes, but when it becomes distracting to your normal duties, then that's when I have to sit down quietly and pray that God would help me focus back in on life again, we should all have our hearts and minds focused on God, *Psalm 119:113 -"I hate vain thoughts, but thy law do I love."
     The rest of  the verses  are good too.  If God gives us an over abundance of things, we tend to get cocky, and think we are something special, then we forget why we even have the things we have, and that God is the one who gives all. I must remember that all I have is a gift from God, without God, we are nothing.  On the flip side, if we have nothing, and are poor, and live an awful life, we tend to not be so grateful to God, and we then take to griping and complaining, I hope that weather I was poor, or rich, I would be thankful, and praise God.

   Thanksgiving is over now, but remember to give thanks to God everyday, and continually count your blessings!!
Well, this is it for today:-)

      GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME,
              AND ALL THE TIME,
                          GOD IS GOOD!!!!!!

-Anna


fall in the Ozarks :-D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission Video :D

Update :)