Just Keep Smiling and Thanking God !

   Well, I should be hugging my brother right now, and packing up his stuff from college to bring him home for the Christmas holidays.  But that is not what I am doing, in fact I couldn't be doing anything further from that.:-)  
  I am sitting in a car dealership in Grenada Mississippi.  My Mom and I have been sitting here since 12:00 noon today.  
  So here's what happened...
 
I was sleeping soundly in the passenger seat, my Mom was driving, when all the sudden there was a scrachy bang, kinda like running over a large rock (which is what I thought had happened when I was still half asleep).  I muttered "what happened?"  my mom said that we hit a dear, I sat up, but didn't completly wake up since the car was still moving, so I laid back, then I noticed we were pulling off the road. so I turned over and asked my mom what we were doing, she was atempting to pull the keys out of the ignition, they were stuck, which wasn't uncomin for me since the keys often get stuck in the ignition when I turn the car off too fast.   I sat up and tried to help her, but she was right, the keys really were stuck.  My mom tried to open her door; stuck... I asked why we needed to get out, and why we couldn't just get back on the road, my mom then tried turning the car on; nothing, the car. was. dead.    'sigh'....  so I got out of my side, to check the damage...

yep, there was a little damage...  the back end of the dear had hit the drivers side (like you couldn't tell from the picture) and taken out the electricle stuff, so that's why the car wouldn't start, and why the key was stuck (we have one of those electricle keys)  we also found out that the clock wouldn't work, the hazzard lights weren't working, the speedomiter was stuck at the speedlimit she was going.  But the eject on the CD player worked:-D  so that's a pluss right?;-)   
  While I was taking pictures of the van, a man pulled over in his tuck to see if her could help.  And boy did he help!  He called 911 for us, he called a tow truck, he researched on his phone to find a car rentle place, and hesearched and called 3 or 4 places, until he found a car dealership that had rentles, then he waited with us till the police oficer got there, and helped us figure everything out.  It was almost like God sent our gaurdian angel to help us, it was truely awesome!!
so we parted ways with 'Jim' (We didn't catch his name) and rode with the tow truck to the car dealer, So everything is going smooth, God is taking care of everything!   well, I guess God had something else in mind, We got to the dealer, everything was being approved to let us rent a car, then we hit that brick wall... Aparently my moms' licence expired a little over a month ago, and she didn't know. So the car dealer won't let her rent a car, and I am still a minor, so I can't rent a car.  So my mom freaked out, I freaked out, then we freaked out together... one big happy freak-out party!  woohoo... yeah... sooo... My mom made some phone calls, and now my brother is on his way out here to pick us up, dad is on his way to Memphis AR, to meet us and give us a veichle, then my mom and me, will get back on the road, and head back for Florida to pick up my brother:-)  We probably won't be there till about 12 midnight, so I won't get to see my brother till tomorrow morning, but that is OK!! I am just so thankful that My mom and me are alive and safe!! not even a bruise!!!
 My brother is almost here!!!!
I will finish this post later, but for now, FINALLY!! I am going to leave!!:-)

-Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission Video :D

Update :)