Thank You Veterans!


Today is Veterans Day, and I want to thank all our Veterans for serving, and protecting our freedom! :-)  
I competed in a essay thing with the VFW, they had me write a paper on Why veterans are important in our Nations History and Future.  So I thought my essay paper would be a great blog post for today:-)
Be sure to thank your Veterans today!:-)



Why Veterans are Important to Our Nations History and Future


            United States Veterans, they have fought our nations battles and defended our country’s citizens and their rights and freedoms.  But are they important in our past?  and how are they going to be important in our future?  Many people are forgetting, or have forgotten, what part our Veterans have to play in our country. I want to tell you why I think they are so important in our country.  1776, the very first American Veterans.  These men fought for our land, to keep it.  They wanted to be free, to worship God freely, to be a free people, governed by themselves.  These men fought, and died, so that their families, for generations to come, would be free and safe.   Civil War, World War I, World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, and many other battles.  So many wars our men and women have fought in, to protect their families back home, so that we could wake up every day, safe and free.  That is why our Veterans are such an important part of our history.  Without our Veterans we would not live in the free country we have today.  The future, that is where the Veterans are going to be extremely important.  They have a huge part to play in our Country’s survival.  I believe that the love for our Country is not as strong in the hearts of this generation as it was in the generation of the men and woman who have fought in the battles in years past.    I believe this is so because the need is not as great.  Everything is handed to us today, we don’t worry about great threats, as our fathers before us did.  The past Veterans had to fight for their freedom, now we take our freedom for granted.  The veterans’ important part in the future is to teach the next generation to love our Country.  I have been blessed to have been raised to have a great love for my Country.  I believe that my love for my Country is so great because my Dad is a U.S. Veteran.  He served for 25 years in the U.S. Marine Corps,  and my Mom also served 12 years in the U.S. Marine Corps.  Because my parents are veterans, they have taught me to love my Country, by telling me stories of when they were serving, and stories that they remember of their fathers, when their fathers served.  They read  history books, explaining why our Country is free.  If the Veterans don’t pass on their knowledge and love for America to their children and grandchildren, then when it comes time for our generation to fight for our freedom, we won’t know why we should fight.  This is why I believe Veterans are important;  in our past, they fought for our freedom, and died so we could be free.  And in our future; they will teach the future veterans why our Country is worth fighting for.

I hope ya'll like the essay! :-)
Have a great day!
-Anna


Comments

  1. Hey Anna,
    I liked your essay. Did you see on my blog that I awarded you??? :) Love Ashley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mission Video :D

Update :)