Isaiah 51:17~18

 17. Awake, awake, stand up, O Jerusalem, which hast drunk at the hand of the LORD the cup of his fury;  thou hast drunken the dregs of the cup of trembling, and wrung them out.
 18. There is none to guide her among all the sons whom she hath brought forth; neither is there any that taketh her by the hand of ll the sons that she hath brought up.
 19. These two things are come unto thee; who shall be sorry for thee? desolation, and destruction, and famine, and the sword: by whom shall I comfort thee.
 20. Thy sons have fainted, they lie at the head of all the streets, as a wild bull in a net:  They are full of the fury of the LORD, the rebuke of thy God.
 21. Therefore hear now this, thou afflicted, and drunken, but not with wine:
 22. Thus saith thy Lord the LORD, and thy God that pleadeth the cause of His people, Behold, I have taken out of thine hand the cup of trembling, even the dregs of the cup of my fury; thou shalt no more drink it again:
 23. But I will put it into the hand of them that afflict thee; which have said to thy soul, Bow down, that we may go over, and thou hast laid thy body as the ground, and as the street, to them that went over.
  Isaiah 51:17~18

    What a great reminder of the LORDS Goodness!
God says in 1 Corinthians 10:13 - "13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."
I have known of 1 Corinthians 10:13 for quite a while, I learned it about 2 years ago.  I often quote it to myself when I am start to feel like God is being harsh to  me, then I remember this verse, and I feel stronger. I thank God for being so good to me.  But these verses here in Isaiah were just a great reminder for me.  We see that God had been trying Jerusalem, vs.20 says, "They are full of the fury of the LORD, the Rebuke of thy God."  Jerusalem was tired, their men were weak.  And our God kept His promise, that He would "not tempt you above that ye are able."                                                        I know this isn't a very long post, but I personally really enjoy finding verses in the Bible that back up other verses in the Bible, and I thought maybe it would encourage someone today! :-)

Here are some words from a song my mom and I heard on K-Love radio the other day on our way home from Florida, the words were really good :-)


Give me Your eyes for just one second
Give me Your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me Your love for humanity
Give me Your arms for the broken-hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me Your heart for the ones forgotten
Give me Your eyes so I can see

I really liked the chorus, didn't really care to much for the verses of the song, but the chorus had really good words.

Ciao for now!
 -Anna

Comments

  1. Thank you for your comment on my blog, Anna! You have a lovely site, too. Your love for the Lord and desire to encourage others to follow after Him is obvious through your writing. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anna,
    I awarded you!
    creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com
    Love Ashley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mission Video :D

Update :)