Mission Work Update


Hey Everyone!  So sorry it's been so long since i've written.  My mind has just been so busy, between mission work, and the two week vacation we took, and studying for my ACT.  Every time I sat down to write something, my mind wouldn't just settle in on one thought lol.
  Anyways...

Concerning my mission trip:
  I told ya'll that I had sent in my passport application, well....
                                                                          MY PASSPORT CAME IN!!!!!!
I am so happy.  It was kinda funny when I got it.  It was the first day being home since we got back from our two week vacation.  I had been hounding my mom all day, telling her that I HAD to go check the mail, because my passport may have come it.  She told me she would check the mail when her and my dad went out...
                       So she gets back, and I'm like "did I get anything??" she was like, "yup, quite a few things actually" she handed me like 5 returned letters (I had gotten the addresses wrong when I sent them out.)  a couple letters, and a package.., I just looked blankly at the package, like, what is this? I looked at my mom, she had this huge grin on her face. I asked her, "what's this?"  she just looked at me and was like, what do you think??  I looked at the return address, gasp! it was from the US government!  what do you think my first thought was?  "... why would the government send me something? hmm... maybe I won something!.. or... maybe I've been invited to the capitol, why would I be invited to the capitol??"  I mean seriously?  I had been anxious to see if my passport came in, and when this package from the government comes in, I completely forgot lol.
                             So I opened the package...
   AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was so EXCITED!!!!!  I like hugged it and kinda did this huge goofy happy grin, and jumped around lol.
   There, in this package, was this little blue book, I opened it up, and there, was MY face!!!  EEEKKK!!!!! (sorry, girly moment lol)  I could hardly believe it!  To think, that I, now had a passport, and that I, would be going over seas!!
   sigh... it was a happy day for me :-)

So, there you have it, an interesting story about getting my passport lol.
 But seriously.
God has been providing funds, He's been blessing me, and teaching me.  I really feel like I am where God wants me.  Of course there are struggles, but that is part of life.  Through the struggles, and the bad things, I see God, helping, and encouraging me.
  I sent out most of my prayer letters the day we left for our trip.  Some of them came back, saying that I had put the wrong address on them.  So I fixed the addresses and sent the letters back out the next day :-)
I have to memorize this tract that was sent with the prep packet, So I should get on that!
thanks for all your prayers!

Your sister in Christ,
 
Psalms 143:10  
 Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: Thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.

Anna

Things you could pray for me include:

That I raise all the money for my trip.
That God would ease the mind of my family, and friends, as they worry for me because of the things that happened in Kenya recently.
That I will get the tract memorized.
That life won't get overwhelming, and that I keep God in the focus.

Love ya'll!!
I will try to keep you updated as the work continues :-)

Comments

  1. You've been and continue to be in my prayers, girl! Keep your mind and heart free of distraction and focused on Jesus during these last few months of preparation! May the Spirit fill your heart with joy and diligence in study as you get ready!

    I'll especially pray, as you asked, for those concerned about your safety, that their hearts would be at peace while you follow the Lord as He leads you. When I went to Uganda back in the fall it was only weeks after the media blew up with all the reports about Ebola. There was one man in particular from my church who came to me over and over concerned about my being in the same place as the illness. I very lovingly explained to him that there are life threatening illnesses all over the world, even here in the U.S. Similarly, there are terrorist attacks here as well as in Kenya. Obviously we need to be wise when putting ourselves in risky situations, but most times we just have to step out in faith and trust God to direct and protect us. Not for a moment did my parents and I lose our peace about my going to Africa during that time, so I went, and God blessed that act of obedience. I didn't get sick :) If Kenya is indeed the place you need to be this summer God will give you peace in your plans and confidence to respond with love to your friends.

    Looking forward to updates, Anna! I'm so excited for your trip! Take some pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna,
    Ashley from Precious Moments mentioned your blog, so I came to take a look. That's amazing that you're gong to Kenya! I will be following along and praying. I would love to go on a missions trip someday, but it hasn't happened yet. I hope your trip is wonderful! I can't wait to see pictures and read about it. My little correspondence sponsor child through Compassion lives in Kenya, so maybe this will help me to be able to understand his world better.
    Love in Christ,
    Christine @ everything is blogsome.blogspot.com and ifwelovehim.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mission Video :D

Update :)